We all love to stream our favorite content, right on the big screen to fully get involved in the matter. No matter whether you are casting videos, streaming games, or scrolling the web, everything seems to be better on your smart TV.
However, not all the smart TVs come with the functionality of WIFI. Thus, taking the fun away from you.
But don’t worry, you can still enjoy your content on your smart TV by following this guide.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect a phone to a smart TV without wifi.
Enough talking, let’s checkout the steps on gearsireview
- 1 4 Different Ways for Connecting Phone to a Smart TV
- 2 Conclusion
4 Different Ways for Connecting Phone to a Smart TV
1. Built-in Screen Mirroring Using Bluetooth
The easiest and the most reliable way of casting your smartphone’s screen on the big-screen is by using the Screen Cast or Screen Mirroring feature on your smartphone.
Most of the smartphones as well as smart TVs support this feature.
Thus, allowing you to stream your content without requiring WIFI.
Screencast is the most convenient way to broadcast your smartphone screen. However, you need to check whether your smart TV and mobile phone support the screen mirroring or not.
If both of your devices are compatible, then you can continue following these steps. Otherwise, you can move on to other ways for connecting your mobile phone with the smart TV without requiring wifi.
Steps for Connecting your Phone to the Smart TV using Screen Mirroring
- First of all, you need to turn-on the screen mirroring feature on your smart TV.
- Turn on the Bluetooth from the settings menu on your smartphone.
- Now, look around for the ‘Screen Mirroring’ feature on your mobile phone menu (usually it is present in the drop-down menu).
- If you don’t find the ‘Screencasting’ feature in the dropdown menu, look for it in the Connectivity option in the settings menu.
- When you turn on the Screen Mirroring, there will be a list of the available devices. Select the name of your TV from the list of available devices.
- If your TV asks for permission, approve it.
- Voila! You have successfully connected your phone with your smart TV without WIFI.
2. Using a Bluetooth Dongle
If your smart TV does not have built-in Bluetooth connectivity, don’t worry. We have something for you in store as well.
You can use the Bluetooth dongle to mirror the screen from your phone to your smart TV. You need to connect the Bluetooth dongle to your Smart TV, and wait for the TV to detect it.
After the Bluetooth device has been detected by the TV, you have to repeat the steps as described above.
3. Using Chromecast
There are a number of different devices available in the market that let you broadcast your mobile screen on the TV.
Chromecast is perhaps the most advanced, and useful broadcasting device that you get.
After getting the Chromecast dongle, you need to follow these super-simple steps to get started.
- Plug in your Chromecast dongle into the USB-A slot on your TV.
- Chromecast needs internet connectivity in order to work. Therefore, you need to connect the Chromecast device with your home internet connection.
- If you don’t have an active internet connection, you can also provide the mobile hotspot from your phone as well.
- After that, you need to install the Google Home mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Next, you need to follow the instructions shown in the mobile app.
- Congrats! You have successfully connected your mobile phone with the TV without the Wifi.
4. Using the HDMI Port – Connect Phone to Smart TV Without Bluetooth
If you are an old school guy, and don’t want to get troubled with the wireless scene. You can still connect your mobile phone with the old school stuff.
All you need is an HDMI-to-Micro(or whatever your port type is) cable. You can simply connect your mobile phone with the TV using the cable, and enjoy the blockbuster movies on the big-screen.
Here are the simple steps to enjoy screencasting without WIFI and Bluetooth.
- Connect the mobile & TV using the HDMI-to-Mobile-Connector.
- Go to the settings menu of the mobile phone, and tab on the BUILD NUMBER of the mobile phone in order to unhide the developer settings.
- Open developer settings and go to the Mobile USB Debugging.
- After that, tune to the right type of input, and HURRAH, you are good to go.
There are a variety of ways to connect your mobile phone with your smart TV. In this guide, we have explained all the possible ways to connect your mobile phone with the smart TV without requiring WIFI.
If you still have any problem in connecting your mobile phone with the smart TV without the WIFI, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.